Welcome to the Proud Rural Teacher podcast — hosted by the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin Platteville. The Proud Rural Teacher podcast focuses on sharing inspiring stories of education in rural areas. With each episode, we’ll provide context, resources, and contact information for you to take these great ideas back to your communities.
Our episodes feature, generally, these types of guests:
- Experts in Education: Do you work in the field of education? Don’t let the word “expert” scare you away. Whether you’ve taught a day or 40 years, you’ve undergone training and are reflective practitioners of practice. You are an expert.
- Influencers: Do you share educational content on social media? Do you train educators? How have your decisions to connect online influenced your professional growth? Let’s discuss the importance of leveraging your PLN and social media to uplift.
- Personalities: Do you have some connection to rural education? How does that connection offer positive benefits to students living in rural areas?
- Authors: What have you written? How can your efforts impact education in rural areas?
- Public figures: How does your work align with our mission of uplifting rural education? Do you have a message to share?